Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Problems of a shopkeeper



Sorry if my posting output is down but I am very tired. We have been having a lot of issues at the store and it is killing me.

We can't seem to find anyone to hire. We have advertised in several venues including Craig's list, Indeed, All Retail Jobs dot.com and other areas including FIT and Pratt University. Either they don't reply when I send an email after they send their resume or they make an appointment and don't show up. I  have three people that made appointments and did not show or call or email. What the fuck Al Roker doesn't anyone need a fucking job?

Now as you know we manufacture in both Brooklyn and California. In Brooklyn we end up taking our fabric to the manufacturer which is a big pain in the ass. I mean I try to save on the shipping since it costs an arm and a leg. So I fill up Omar's SUV and we truck it to the factory. Now part of the process is they then take the fabric to the cutting service who cuts up the fabric into  dresses or skirts or whatever  that they then get back and so in the factory.

Well the slant eyed cunt that manufacturers for us called and said that the cutting service demanded we take back all of our fabric. You see in New York I guess that space is at a premium because I never had a problem in California. You see the cutter knows if I keep the stuff at his place he will get the job cutting. Right? Well these fuckers didn't care. So instead of taking care of it the slant eyed cunt said we had to take the fabric out and she wasn't going to do it. So I had to go with Omar and get the stuff from the fucking chinks at the cutting service.

Now the thing that burns my ass is that the cutter is around the corner from the motherfucking Tawinese twat's place and she could have brought it to her place. But she didn't want to do it. So we had to take it to our personal storage locker in Flatbush Avenue which is about ten miles away. What the fuck Charley Chan Cunt?

Lisa told this motherfucking zipperhead that we will never bring this fabric back for her to work on. I will ship it to Cali or use another factory. But she will not get the work the fucking Mongoloid Motherfucker!

Poor Omar had to bust his ass. I mean he had a lot to carry and shit. I am  too fucking weak to pitch in like I used to and Lisa is yelling at me that I am doing to much as it is. It is fucking frustrating since I can't just bull through and get it done like I  usually do.

Of course Omar is happy since I pay him really well and we took him to dinner. But still this was all so unnecessary. What the fuck?

This fucking shit is gonna catch me another heart attack!

14 comments:

The Dude said...

Another? You haven't had your first one yet, pussy.

Trooper York said...

Ha!

Sorry I had to talk Brooklyn at ya!

blake said...

It never ends.

blake said...

I've got a slipped disc, tho'. So I got that goin' for me.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

If you didn't vent like that, you would blow like a Chechen pressure cooker.

ndspinelli said...

He does blow like a gap toothed Chechen. Still only $20.

MamaM said...

I am very tired...

Yeah. The last time I read that, a breathing underwater feeling was also present. Call me a bitch, a scold and an "it", the truth is this: Attempting to stay afloat when swamped is one step away from breathing underwater. From the sound of things you are close to being as busy and harried as you were before the pace was reset, minus some of the comforts and graces in the form of food, alcohol, time away, and church participation, that helped ameliorate the previous situation. It continues to be my hope that creative expression will help fill the gap, but self care comes first. Being tired is a sign. For heart patients, it's more than a sign, it's a billboard sized flashing caution.

Michael Haz said...

What you need to do is off-load the stressful part of your enterprise to someone else. Hire a part-time assistant production manager to schlep the materials around to the cutters and sewers and so forth.

Cut a deal with your driver to do that work, or hire a courier company on an as-needed basis to do the work. Take that load off of yourself. You can expedite the work via the comfort of your chair and telephone.

Dead men sell no dresses.

ndspinelli said...

All well intended, but haven't you folks realized you can't tell Trooper anything?

Trooper York said...

Thanks for all the kind words and advice and I take it to heart. So to speak.

But the dealio is sometimes you have no alternative. I am trying to hire two people to work in the store. I have used Craigs List, Indeed, All Retail Jobs.Com and posted a sign in the window. I get resumes and when I email them to set up an interview they do not reply. Or they set up an interview and don't show up. For a job that can pay between $15 to $25 dollars an hour!

I am using people like Omar where I can. He was a Godsend. I could never do it without him. He is bring all the extra stuff we have down to Florida for the Florida store and to run the on-line operation. So there is that.

The problem with hiring an assistant is you get people like Miayumi. Do you remember the show? She was the Japanese girl we had to handle some of this who fucked us royally and whose mistakes we are still trying to correct.

Sorry if I am complaining but that stops me from going Nagasaki on her fucking ass. You have to blow off steam. Or you start to lose it.

ndspinelli said...

Try jerking off.

MamaM said...

Try jerking off.

Isn't that kinda sorta what goes on here???

Trooper York said...

Ouch!

ndspinelli said...

We're jerk offs. We sometimes jerk off, but we're always jerk offs.