Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Problems of a shopkeeper

So I have been extremely  busy the last couple of days and goofed off on my posting. I am in the midst of changing  my back store into a complete different thing I am putting a lingerie store there and have to get all of the stuff out of the back room so I can open up this side entrance as a separate store.

I have been interviewing contractors which is always a pain in the ass. The first thing I am doing is setting up a room in the basement to store all of my off season goods. It will be lined in cedar to take care of the moth and insect problems. They are starting today and should be finished by the end of the week. I will move most of my back stock there. Then I have to put an electric gate on the gate you see pictured. NYC passed a law that all new gates have to be see-through. So it is mandated that I use a different style if I want to change the gate. Now this works because I will have displays for people to see so that I can pump up sales.

I am also in the midst of trying to finalize our wholesale line and fulfilling the order for Japan. While trying to find new employees and a new production factory in Brooklyn.

I am as busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

But it is all good.

3 comments:

ndspinelli said...

I went through the growing pains of my own biz and they are VERY stressful. No lectures.

rcocean said...

Production factory? Sounds like you're moving on up.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I am glad it is all good!