Tuesday, May 17, 2011

But he's the mighty Thor, God of Thunder!


I can't wait to catch the "Thor" movie. Thor was one of my favorite comics when I was a kid and I never thought they would be able to make it into a movie. I hear that they kind of changed the origin story which sucks because I thought that was one of the best ones in comic history. When Odin put Thor's memories into Donald Blake and he found the walking stick/hammer it was pretty cool. They seem to have kept some elements of it but discarded others.

I especially loved the Jack Kirby version of the "Tales of Asgard" which were just about my favorite comics of all time. I even tried my hand at some fan fiction when I was in my early teens. But there wasn't the outlets like they have now with Baen books and what not. Who knows if I could have pursued that things could have turned out really different.

Anyhoo, check out our valued friend and commenter Blakes's review of the movie. He knows his movies.

Oh and he knows that pose.

10 comments:

chickelit said...

You guys get all your wishes. I've been waiting forever for somebody to make a movie of DC Comic's "Enemy Ace."

blake said...

I do know that pose! He does it in the movie!

blake said...

CL--

My guy was "Flash". They did a short series in the early '90s but that was it.

So no wish for me yet. I liked Green Lantern, too, but the buzz on the new movie isn't great.

Who else? I liked Green Arrow and Black Canary.

You know, I never was into any of it enough to be able to follow a story line. Heh. If it went over a single issue, I'd never know how it turned out, because I just picked them up at the grocery store.

15 cents! Well, 25 cents! OK, 35 cents...Three for a buck! OK, that's when I stopped reading 'em.

I'd like to see "The Dark Knight Returns" done, though.

Trooper York said...

My other personal favorite: Luke Cage.

Of course now he is retired and writes his blog "The Macho Response."

blake said...

I think you've mentioned Cage before, Troop.

I never heard Cage rant about New Age, though.

Peter V. Bella said...

I got your mighty Thor right herrrrrrre.

Titus said...

Does Natalie Portman show her baby tits in the movie?

If so, I will go.

reader_iam said...

Shouldn't there oughta be a poll attached to this one? I mean, there can be, and you could if you wanna. Just sayin'.

windbag said...

Green Lantern.

blake said...

No nudity, Titus. Completely kid-safe. No idea what the 13 in the PG-13 is for. Maybe a swear word?