Friday, May 13, 2011

The dick was happy too!


Hey I liked the port wine basket too!

What's crazy about a charity auction is the value of the prizes. They were all donated and sold for the higgest bid. This bucket of port was worth about $500 but my bid was only $110. Luckily I donated more to cover it but still what a bargin.

Now I will keep them in the back of the store to break out with cheese and grapes and bread when the husbands are waiting in the back room while the wives shop.

I just have to keep it away from the ducks. Those little drunken bastards.

2 comments:

chickelit said...

I like charity auctions too. Our favorite is run by this outfit. Last year I got outbid on a golf package, and since I don't golf I let it go. Even if you don't win, bidding helps the fundraising. I'm very particular about what I'll go whole hog bidding on but when it happens there's no stopping me.

Trooper York said...

We had no idea but we were happy with everything we got. I couldn't donate as much as I wanted to so this little bit helped I think. I still gave a donation so all in all I think we did ok.