Saturday, May 28, 2011

More Men in Black Bullshit!


So they filmed a scene last night. What they filmed was a chase scene as a bunch of sixties vintage cars rolled down Court St and two stunt men on a motorcyle went the wrong way up Court St. For some reason they are setting in Queens. I think because they had filmed in Flushing Meadow Park.

Here they set up a phony subway stop on the corner of my block. It says "Elmhurst" station and has sixties era signage. It is made out of wood and the blue paper is for the CGI to put something in ....maybe some aliens?

Here is the funny part. As we were walking down the street to the Mexican restauarnt after we closed the store they kept stopping us as they filmed. Which I didn't like too much and I gave them a hard time. Now they has a bunch of people hanging around on the street wearing period costumes. They doubled as crowd control and as extras. One black dude was there all dressed in a sixties style with a hipster sixties hat and all. So I go to him "Dude who is the technical advisor on this flick...he fucked it all up." He goes 'What do you mean?" " I go "Dude ....in the 1960's ....you weren't allowed on Court St. Just sayn'"

The wife punched me for that one.