Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Get stuffed!


So I will be making my usual stuffed mushrooms tomorrow.

I usually chop some garlic and parsley and add bread crumbs and pecorino romano cheese to stuff the shrooms. Lately I have also been adding ricotta and finely chopped scallions but I might omit the ricotta because everybody else likes it dry. I also squeeze a couple of lemons over them while I am cooking.

The wifes family likes tons of bread crumbs in everything and likes stuff a lot drier than I do. Since I am cooking for them I will make it the way they like it.

Me I like it juicy. Just sayn'

7 comments:

john said...

I made sausage-stuffed acorn squash last weekend in honor of the first cold (<50) days of the fall. PiƱon nuts and wild rice were added.

They were yummy.

dbp said...

I put in what you put in, but also I chop up the stems and mix that with the stuffing.

Ron said...

I agree...wet is better.

WALT said...

I'm glad I married a wife who can cook. Would hate to be the one who does all the cooking. I have been reading your blog for a while now and I have never heard you mention anything your wife has made. How long have you been married anyway?

Trooper York said...

Long enough to know that we each have our own talents. She doesn't have to cook. I like to so it is good enough for me.

Fred4Pres said...

I love stuffed mushrooms.

blake said...

Cooking is fun. Satisfying.

Cleaning sucks.