Friday, November 25, 2011

It's just too easy!



To order stuff on your kindle. A couple of great friends of mine gave me a gift certificate to Amazon for my birthday and I just started to use it today. I was able to order book after book to add to the kindle list. It was great. The books I just ordered were:

The Cut (Spero Lucas) [Kindle Edition] George Pelecanos a new series by one of my favorite authors. It is based in Washington DC and is a hard boiled mystery. Highly reccomended.

Outlaw [Kindle Edition] Angus Donald an novel of Robin Hood about a young man joining Robin Hood with a different view of the traditional hero. I heard good things about it but I have never read any of his work so we will have to see.

Lionheart [Kindle Edition] Sharon Kay Penman who is one of my favorite historical novelists. She writes of this era and is a wonderful writer with an amazing take on the period. Reminds me of another favorite of mine Mary Renault. Highly reccomended (especially for you broads cause it is kind of romantical but still full of daring doo doo)

Distant Thunders: Destroyermen [Kindle Edition] Taylor Anderson the next entry in the Destorymen series where a couple of World War 2 destroyers were transported to a world with Cats that walk like humans and evil insects try to destroy them. With a rouge Japanese battleship and eighteen century Brits as well. A great series but you should start from the begining. I can't wait to dive into it. Highly, highly reccomended.

Conqueror: A Novel of Kublai Khan [Kindle Edition] Conn Iggulden which is a pre-order of the next novel in the series based on the life of Gengkis Kahn and his descendants. It is a great historical series which is very accesable and a great quick read. Highly, highly reccomended.

I have a bunch of great books to read now. Taking a dump will be a great pleasure now. Well I mean it always is but now I have a lot to read on the throne. Just sayn'

1 comment:

ndspinelli said...

I thought I would miss the feel of book, but I don't. And, if I forget my reading glasses I can just change the font. This is my contribution to saving the trees and the planet. You're welcome, Al Gore.