Friday, November 25, 2011

Spicy meatballs!

We had a kind of tough time on Thanksgiving. The wife's Dad wasn't feeling well so we had to truck everything out to the island. I made most of the stuff there on Thanksgiving Day which was kind of hard because they don't have all of the equipment.

To save time I ended up making the meatballs the night before and we had a little pre Thanksgiving feast. One of our pattern makers was dropping off some samples so we had meatballs right out of the pan with a nice Côte du Rhône that we have been enjoying lately.

The wife loves them right out of the pan without any sauce on them so we put a little dipping sauce on the side with bread. They came out pretty good.

8 comments:

Fred4Pres said...

I broke out a decent bottle of 2003Shiraz-Cab that turned out to be perfection upon opening. I thought I left it sit too long, but it was spot on.

The power went out due to a wind storm, but everything was already cooked so it really was no big deal. We were just about to sit down. We had dinner and then the power went back on (just in time for clean up).

Trooper York said...

Wow that worked out well.

I hate when the power goes out. It is such a pain in the ass.

Trooper York said...

I have to give props to this wine since we are really enjoying it and it is relatively inexpensive. About $12 a bottle for a really good vintage.

WALT said...

What type of equipment do you need to make roast pork and some meatballs???? a nuclear reactor??? just sayin...

Trooper York said...

Well I like my chopper to mince the garlic and my garlic peeler and my meat thermometer and the spider to fish out the raviolis and a good roasting pan and some sharp knives and a good potato peeler a good cutting board and lots of stuff that she still has packed up from when they moved and it not at hand in the kitchen. Just sayn'

Roger J. said...

Hey--if you like meat balls you should tgry Servbian meatballs (cevapcici)--of course these are from the land of no vowels (the finns got all the vowels, the serbs got all the consonants)--I good meat ball is one of the special treats)

Roger J. said...

and please read my comment in context since I never proofread, as is obvious from my text

ndspinelli said...

You're a good son-in-law. I hope they appreciate it.