Thursday, June 19, 2014

Orange is the New Black is pretty funny



We have been watching the second season of "Orange is the New Black" on Netflicks and it is pretty good. This season they are filling in the back stories of most of the girls in the prison. There take is pretty funny. One in particular is hilarious. There is this big Shirley Hemphil type girl who was portrayed as working for the TSA. The scenes with her are really, really funny. You see her abusing airline passengers and stealing out of the luggage. We have all met this girl. To she her portrayed accurately on TV is both stunning and hilarious. Worth the price of the show alone.

Although this is a women in prison movie there isn't as much exploitation as you might think. It is a well crafted comedy. The women seem a little too harmless. But it is only thirteen episodes and they go by quick.

The monthly Netflicks charge is one of the best things I have ever signed up for as an ongoing entertainment choice.

8 comments:

ndspinelli said...

This is based on a true story. It is set in a minimum security Federal Prison and that is the type of inmates you would find. Both myself and bride having worked for the BOP have to suspend disbelief. But, we are both good @ that, just laughing @ the BS.

The second season had a lot of lesbian sex. Much more than Season 1. Netflix did not pick up Season 3, reportedly because it was so raunchy. Someone will. It's a good story w/ good characters.

ndspinelli said...

HOLD THE PRESSES! A guy I know told me about Netflix cancelling. But, I should have researched. I find NO INFORMATION to corroborate what this shitbird told me. It really didn't make sense, the show is a hit and Hollywood is run by the gays.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Hey Trooper,
Based on your recommendation, I watched "Louie" and am now caught up to his Season 4 finale.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but I do find him intriguing and funny/sad. I love that he's made Jerry Seinfeld into his "Newman"...the heavy.

Loved the Late Show 3-episode arc. Just loved that.

ndspinelli said...

Ruth Anne, Great too see you. Hope all is well.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Hello, ndspinelli!

All is well here and thank you for the well-wishes. My best to you and your Leslyn.

Trooper York said...

He is really funny on the radio. Much more liberal than me but he is friends with Nick DePalo who is basicly me so I think we could hang.

Trooper York said...

He is really funny on the radio. Much more liberal than me but he is friends with Nick DePalo who is basicly me so I think we could hang.

Trooper York said...

He went very "Woody Allen" pretentious this season. The stupid music and all. But what the hey.