Friday, April 17, 2009

Hey that's a lot of sperm!


So we ate really late again and we had to go to insomnia theatre. Now I often put on what they call the "American TV channel" which has reruns of old sixties programs. Last night they had "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" the old submarine series from the sixties. In this episode, Richard Basehart the admiral goes out in a diving bell with a beautiful Russian lady scientist to examine an undersea station that was destroyed. Well as they were being lowered down what happens but a giant Sperm whale come along and swallows them whole. The whole freakin' diving bell which is about twenty feet high and thirty or forty feet wide. The captain has to lead a crew of divers to attach a line to pull it out of the whales belly after the tranquilize it. It had the most craptastic special effects I ever saw. The whales belly looked like a quilt or a bunch of pillows. You had to see it to believe it. Of course the wife was intrigued by the story and kept asking me questions so I couldn't go to sleep. Once again I pick a sixties TV program that keeps me awake past my bedtime.

4 comments:

blake said...

Boo.

They replaced "Maverick" with "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea". Haven't watched them since.

chickelit said...

My submarine fantasies of that era are filled with mammaries of Raquel in the Fantastic Voyage.

Trooper York said...

They had an ad for Mission Impossible and Leonard Nimoy gives a guy a karate chop to the neck. My wife sees this as I am dozing and leans over and gives me a karate chop. I fall off the bed."I just wanted to see if I could do it right."

Everybody loves to take a shot at the big guy.

blake said...

lol

I guess she did it right.