Friday, February 26, 2010

So long Eddie Munster and Seventies Douchebag!


So I have been watching American Idol but I didn’t blog about the top 24. There are just too many of them to go through each one. Especially since some of them have no shot and are just cannon fodder.

Like the Korean kid who gave just about the worst performance I have ever seen on the Idol. He sang a Billie Holiday standard “God save the Child.” It was horrendous. I mean Hop Sing did better when he sang Home on the Range in that very special Bonanza episode. It was the kind of performance that happens at the Karaoke bars on 31st Street in Little Korea in the city. And after that performance they take the guy out on the street and beat the crap out of him.

Anyway they dumped four losers out of the competition. The girls were particularly bad. I mean they dropped Janel and Cynthia but there were about five other chicks that were just as bad. Nothing memorable about either except that Cynthia looked like she wanted to take out her blade and stick Simon right in his protruding nipples. Hey I told you it was weird.

Anyway for the dudes they dumped Seventies guy and little Eddie Munster. Both of them were pretty horrible but Seventies guy Tyler was just a freaking joke. They sort of faked us out because they showed him at dress rehearsal in his bathrobe and when they do this kind of pimping usually the guy is safe. But not this time. Little Eddie Munster was freaking me out. He is Mexican and called on all of his comprades to vote for him but I guess it didn’t work out. And I don’t know why. I mean my maid has a fuckin’ I-phone which is ten times better than the shitty phone I can afford. So I guess it was just that Eddie Munster kid sucked. Which he did.

One note. A little of the big guy Michael Lynch goes a long way. He is way too cocky. Answering back and joking with the judges. The same thing happened with Chris Sligh in an earlier season. You remember him, the chubby white kid with the curly fro. He got too cocky and talked back too much and he was gone before you knew it. So it is not good to be too cocky.

I remember when I was working for this accounting firm and we had to go in for a salary review. One of the guys went in and came out shaking his head. I asked what was wrong.
He said “I can’t believe it; they told me I was too cocky.” I said “Well what did you say?” He goes “I told I wasn’t cocky, I was pee-pee.” Needless to say he didn’t get to stay on American Idol.

Just Sayn’

No comments: