Tuesday, February 9, 2010

There is always an exception.


I know how I have said that we won't be dealing with stylists anymore. But there are certain exceptions. Basically anyone we have dealt with from "What Not to Wear."

One of them is styling "Law and Order, SVU" and Jill Scott is guesting in the current episode shooting this week. So she pulled a bunch of clothes for Jill to wear. She is playing a professional woman of some sort which is what the clothes that my wife designs are perfect for. Our Lulu dress is a favorite of doctors and lawyers. They wear it under a blazer or a lab coat for a splash of color in their drab everyday lives. LOL.

Jill Scott had actually purchased clothing from us before. The Anna Scholz dress she is wearing in this photo from an awards show came from our shop. Of course the designer got the credit and not the shop but it was a sale you know? This time we only sent our own private label garments so it might work out better.

There is only one problem.

Now I have to watch Law and Order SVU.

5 comments:

ricpic said...

That Lulu dress would make a good print for a man's shirt that would go great with jeans.

Michael Haz said...

What Not To Wear is a successful show. Several spin-offs are being market tested as I write this. I know because I have sources.

And my sources tell me that the next big hit is a show Jeffrey Katzenburg hisself has produced. It hits all the right demographic segments.

The working title is What Not To Fuck, and so far NBC has signed Bill Clinton, Charlie Sheen, Eliot Spitzer, Tiger Woods and Courtney Love as celebrity panelists. John Edwards will play a narrator's role.

Big, big hit this Spring. You heard if from me.

blake said...

Hey--

A great L&O spin off they haven't done yet?

Law and Order: STFU

Starring a cast of mimes.

former law student said...

Did you see Jill Scott in The Number One Ladies' Detective Agency? My wife read all the books and was eager to see the shows. Very sweet and wholesome. Atypical for HBO but it was produced for the BBC.

former law student said...

Now I have to watch Law and Order SVU.

I think of it as Law and Order Special Perverts Unit. It's on my list of shows to miss.