Sunday, February 7, 2010

Welcome to the NFL


The most famous and popular player in Cotls history was of course Johnny Unitas who was know as the “Man with the Golden Arm.” Which strangely did not refer to his throwing ability but rather to his love of heroin like the Frank Sinatra character in the famous movie of the same name. Johnny loved to ride the white horse but even more than that he loved to gamble. He lost his roster spot on the Pittsburgh Steelers after he lost his jock strap in a dice game to Ted Marchibroda and couldn’t go into practice when the coach called his number. So he was cut. He lucked out though as he signed with the Baltimore Colts who were owned by the biggest gambler in NFL history, Carroll Rosenbloom.
(Reverse the Call on the Field, The Secret History of the NFL, Doris Kearns Goodwin, ESPN Press 2010

8 comments:

john said...

For shame, Trooper. Did you plaigerize this thread from someone posting over at Althouse a little while ago?

OTOH, she just posted a tribute to you, so I guess you and her are all kissy makey up now. That's cool, but don't let it go to your head and start posting over there so much that you neglect your investment here.

Trooper York said...

Now I would never do that John. It amuses me to post there for a while but I cross posting here with photos and other cool stuff.

The rappoachmont is very tenative at this point.

But my primary focus will be here.

I am just really bored as I am stuck in the back of the store because their are some girls out front who don't want a guy there when they are trying on clothes, so I am hiding out.

john said...

Does your hideout have a peephole?

I was hoping you would regale us with some photos of great SB food, but it seems like a work day for you.

Trooper York said...

Yeah I am not going to a party. The wife and I are just going to have ravoli's but I am making a fennel salad with oranges that she likes so there you go.

Trooper York said...

Surprisingly, Super Bowl Sunday is usually a good day as some women go out to spend money to get back at their husbands who are more interested in football. But since they are mad at all men, I have to hide out in the back, so I get to blog like crazy.

The Dude said...

The ghost of Big Daddy Lipscomb wants to testify!

Trooper York said...

Wait a minute, Big Daddy is alive and well and has his own talk show on Channel 9, The Wendy Williams Show!

Ron said...

Perhaps you and Althouse could achieve a modus vivendi: breasts. She tries to blog about them...ahem...(the only thing she blogs about worse is movies) but you are the Capi di Titty Capi!

Maybe a feeling out process...?