Sunday, March 2, 2014

Relatively almost not quite back to normal

The Japanese buyers did not leave until about ten o'clock at night. It was like old times where we worked late and I was too tired to cook. So we decided to eat out because I was not up to cooking. We decided to go to Marco Polo for the first time since I got sick.

The guys at Marco Polo were great when I was sick. The owner Joe called me every day I was in the hospital and offered to come get me and put me in a better hospital. The waiters all stopped by the store to see how I was doing. I have seen them here and there in the interim but I have not gone back in.

As soon as I went in every waiter had to kiss me like I was their father. See what good tipping will get you? I guess they really missed me. Ha.

Anyway we had a nice meal. Some hot anti paste that I had with Nick and Leslyn when they came to Brooklyn. Stuffed mushrooms, Eggplant Rollatini and mozzarella in carrozza. Tasty.




Melissa ordered the fettuccini in the cheese wheel that we all love so much and Marco cooked it up under her supervision.

Me? I wanted my steak.

Sorry but I couldn't wait for Lisa to take the photo. I was just too freakin' hungry. They make it in this great rosemary garlic sauce that is to die for. Literally. I can't eat like this every day. Even every month. But once in a while for a celebration I can have a taste.


All and all I was one happy dude. Made a big deal. Didn't have my heart explode. Got to eat a steak.

Life is good.

21 comments:

ricpic said...

It would be a crime if you didn't get a doggy bag for that steak, since I'm assuming you only ate part of that monster at the restaurant. Well, let me amend that, I HOPE you didn't eat the whole thing in one go.

ricpic said...

Yikes, just reread and I sound like the food police. Go ahead, have a second steak. I won't tell. :^~

rcocean said...

Looks great. What were your cholesterol levels before your attack?

The Dude said...

Is that crap broccoli? That shit'll kill you. Meat good, veggies - death!

Trooper York said...

My cholesterol was good. It was congestive heart failure not a blockage.

I did eat the whole steak. Sorry but it is sin to leave you food on the plate.

ndspinelli said...

Those appetizers are some of the best I've ever eaten.

ndspinelli said...

Very happy for you, paisan.

rcocean said...

"My cholesterol was good. It was congestive heart failure not a blockage."

So why is steak a no-no then?

Trooper York said...

Salt. Too much salt and fat. I can have lean beef once a week. Usually filet mignon.

sakredkow said...

You're just one step away from posting your poops, aren't you?

Aridog said...

Sixty Grit said...

Is that crap broccoli? That shit'll kill you. Meat good, veggies - death!

Almost like we were separated at birth. Broccoli is what grows under old cars on asphalt parking lots when their anti-freeze drips down on the hot asphalt.

And that's the truth.

Aridog said...

Phx...I can't remember the blog name, (doubt if it was TOP) but it was even handed between conservatives and liberals...at least until the owner worked one election as a poll watcher. However, I do recall a long string of posts where poop protocol and poop shapes & types were analyzed in detail. Foretelling things to come. It went downhill from there...e.g., went all progressive Democrat. :-))

sakredkow said...

Lol Aridog! : D

sakredkow said...

In general people who post pictures of the food they eat have attachment issues. They are known to wave good-bye to their turds circling the bowl.

Trooper York said...

This is a food centric blog phx.

We talk about as much about food here as the talk about gay marriage at TOP.

Trooper York said...

I will tell you one thing. I will not wave goodbye to Obama as he gets on the helicopter to leave the White House.

That's what you are talking about right?

sakredkow said...

I will tell you one thing. I will not wave goodbye to Obama as he gets on the helicopter to leave the White House.

That's what you are talking about right?


I don't think you were ever really attached to Obama, were you?

I was just having some fun with Aridog, TY. I'll make sure to watch my mouth.

Aridog said...

Oh, joy...we gonna have a turd thread now?

The one in the White (Racist!) White House won't circle anywhere...we just hope he actually gets aboard Marine 1 on time and leaves at all.

Pssst: Why does Obama always seem to do three or four jogging steps when he enters anywhere? Did he hear someone say "Come on Down?"

Pssst: Why has spell check in Outlook and Comcast web-mail already entered Putin's name in their list, but not Obama's? Not casting much shadow I suspect?

:-))

Trooper York said...

Hey busting balls is the rule here phx. Go for it. Just expect to get it back good and hard.

So to speak.

Trooper York said...

Just wait till you see my vacation pictures this year with the scar for my pacemaker.

It is gonna be epic.

windbag said...

I will not wave goodbye to Obama as he gets on the helicopter to leave the White House.

It would be racist to point out that after he leaves the White House, he'll just be another unemployed black man, living off the taxpayers. So, I won't point that out. Instead, I'll point out that after he leaves the White House, he'll be another one of those unemployed crackers, living off the taxpayers.