Monday, June 16, 2008

From the outside looking in!

When I look at the last few posts at Althouse, I have to shiver. It's been really bad once she left Brooklyn. I think the new blog is a distraction and I guess I just enjoyed the posts about places in Brooklyn a lot more. The post about fathers has degenerated into another diatribe by downtownlad and the post about gay society is really really weak. I guess I am really lucky that nobody reads my shit and I can just shout out into the canyon and nobody will hear. Like that episode of the Sopranos. My friend Joe's high school buddy Terrence Winter wrote a lot of those episodes. And man did a lot of them suck. That show became such an overrated hot mess at the end of it's run. Both Deadwood and the Wire were miles and miles better. But both of those great shows are canceled. And HBO doesn't have anything good in the hopper. I guess I am stuck with reruns or old movies or Ice Road Truckers. Mostly I like to read while we sit in front of the wide screen TV. But when I cede control of the remote I end up having to endure Bridezillas or Home Shopping or some shit on Lifetime. Then you really want to jump off a bridge.

No comments: