Monday, June 30, 2008

Nashviille Star is a fucking good show.

Hey I was watching Nashville Star for only the second time and it was a really good show. Unlike the Idol, the judges each mentor contestants so they have a vested interest in their performance. But with all that, they slam some of the contestants pretty hard. Particularly the dude from Brooks and Dunn. He ripped one of the guys a new asshole.

Anyway some of the acts suck. But whats really cool is that two best kids are the Plus sized mom of five and the Mexican cowboy. Yes there is both a Mexican and a black cowboy singer and both are pretty good. But the Mexican kid Garcia is great, he has a real country sound.

The other thing that is really interesting is how bad Billy Ray Cyrus is as a host. He looks like he is making a hostage tape. I never thought I would say this but, I miss Ryan Seacrest. You can see how good he is when you see Billy Ray frozen like a deer in the headlights.

Here's hoping that the plus size belter wins. (She wore an Anna Sholz top that we have in the store on last weeks show)

3 comments:

reader_iam said...

Wait. You're a Pandagon reader? (I just looked at your blogroll Really?

/OT

Trooper York said...

Hey I like to hear from everyone. Amanda is always welcome here with or without socks.

blake said...

Those who watch the Hannah Montana show tell me that Billy Ray was more prominent in early episodes, but was gradually phased out.

From what I've seen, that was a wise choice.

The guy got reaaaal lucky.