Saturday, June 28, 2008

One Flag......Six Fllllaaagggssss!!!

Sometimes I even amaze myself as to how big an asshole I can be. Whenever we don't eat in Casa Rosa, we hit the Thai restaurant for dinner or take out. We have been going there two or three times a week since they opened. Thai food is a great alternative since it is not greasy and they use all fresh meats and vegetables so it is very healthy.

Anyway, I always love to bust balls since I am the big douffy white guy who they all laugh at. When the owner Amy is working in the kitchen I always open the door and ask if she washed her hands and stuff like that. It has to be really annoying and they must call me a big idiot but that's what makes it really funny. It is so beyond post ironic that it must be out past Pluto. Or at least it makes me look like Uranus.

So this older Thai guy starts working the counter and he is laughable incompetent. He never gets the phone number or the order right because there is a real language barrier even though he does speak pretty good English. I never call in my order because they get it wrong every time. I will order the take out and have a beer and wait for it to come out and check that it's right.

I do like I always do and talk to this guy while I'm waiting. He sees that I know everyone in the restaurant by name and they all come out to greet me. The kitchen guys and the delivery guys and everyone has to say hello. That's because I treat them like people and not like servants. Principally by teasing them and they tease me right back.They love their goofy douffy white guy. So he wants to be friendly. I ask him his name. He tells me "Mr Tea. Like the drink. Mr. Tea." Damn.

So naturally I tell him that every time I come in I want him to shout out "I pity the fool." It makes the other people in the restaurant spit out their food.

But now I can change it up. After I saw the commercial we have a new act. When I walk in I shout "One Flag." And Mr. Tea shouts out "Six Flags."

You have to mix it up.

4 comments:

reader_iam said...

Question: Is "douffy" supposed to be a cross between a "doofus" and a "pouff"? Inquiring minds, and all of that ... .

blake said...

You're obviously a lovable doof.

I'd try that and end up in jail.

Icepick said...

Reader, I think it's a cross between "doofus" and "doughy".

Trooper York said...

A doof is an oaf. A cootch. A babbo. A donkey in the Irish. Just a big dummy who is good natured but clumsy.

But thank's outis. You are very creative.