Monday, June 16, 2008

The Weeds poster.

Now the subway ads for two Showtime shows Weeds and the new Call girl show are all over my local stops. They are sexy shots of the stars of the show. But the one that stumps me is of Mary Louise Parker laying down with her dress hiked up and her panties showing. Is she supposed to be hot shit or what? I thought she was one of these serious actor babes. I mean I saw her on the Tony's and she was way serious. I think this is the Sarah Jessica Parker syndrome where they are trying to make a sex symbol out of someone who ain't a sex symbol. I mean she's pretty and all but she ain't Jessica Alba or Scarlet Johansen or someone like that. Definately not my type even though I like brunettes. Just with a lot more meat on them. Skinny bitches are always mean as sin.

Now I don't have Showtime so I can't evaluate the series or how Parker looks in it. So I guess it's not fair to say she isn't a sexpot in it. It's just the reviews on things like Television Without Pity don't make it seem all that sexy. It just seems like a pot heads wet dream. Maybe that's what they think is sexy. I just don't get it. But that's ok. I just don't get pot. If I want to get high I want to drink bonded liquor or terrific wines not some seeds or stems sold to me by a random Puerto Rican. Just sayn' chico.

4 comments:

blake said...

I haven't seen it yet, but Diary of a Call Girl is based on the first "blog" I ever read, here. I'm not even sure how I found it.

Billie Piper is all kinds of cute & hot. But the whole thing is very English so you might not like it.

I've never watched an episode "Weeds". But in flipping by it over the years, I don't get even the slightest idea that it's meant to be sexy. It's more of a dark-ish comedy, from what I can tell.

Trooper York said...

I know that but the subway poster is rockin' and is always next to one for the Call Girl Show. So they are trying to sell it with sex which I guess is false advertising.

I'm Full of Soup said...

I just saw 3 episodes for the first time and she is a sultry sexy in that hippie sundress kind of way. She is a bit on the thin side and always wearing a sun dress.

There was one scene where she screwed a guy on his conf room desk (a dream sequence).

Trooper York said...

That's whats so crazy. She is a hippie drug chick. But the poster sets her up to be a sex kitten. And it is really obiviously really air-brushed and enhanced and stuff. False advertising man. I call bullshit.