Monday, June 30, 2008

You got spunk. I hate spunk. I like collective action and redistribution of wealth.

New York Post June 28, 2008
ED Asner - still fuming over the cancellation of "Lou Grant" in 1982 - blames late CBS boss Bill Paley and conservative icon Charlton Heston for killing his career. Asner had become increasingly vocal about his leftist politics, including softness for communists in El Salvador. "I said the people of El Salvador should be able to elect the government of their choice," the self-pitying pinko recently told Fancast.com. "I knew I was signing my death warrant . . . the show was threatened with being blacklisted. Charlton Heston . . . called me a 'dangerous, dangerous man' and then the show was indeed canceled." Asner, proving he was better playing an editor on TV than he would be in a real newsroom, said today's journalism "sucks. The papers always lead off on Page 1 with the little old lady beating off a robber with a golf club rather than the lady who was on welfare and shot to death being buried on Page 30."

In related news, Ed Anser was announced as the moderator of the next presidential debate on CNN.

3 comments:

rcocean said...

I gotta agree with Ed. I'm sure Hollywood's most powerful in-group, "conservative Hollywood actors" killed his career.

I've heard that Mel Gibson killed Paul Shore's career.

Trooper York said...

I don't know about that, but Mel messed up Joe Pesci's career because he kept calling him Sugar Tits.

Ya ever wonder why there wasn't a Goodfella's Two. Well there you go.

Icepick said...

There's no way Mel Gibson killed Pauly Shore's career. He was too busy making sure Yahoo Serious never got anywhere in the business.