Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Marilyn's Diary


We were pretty poor when we lived in the Munster's Mansion. That seem weird to say. I mean we lived in a Mansion after all. But that was all old money that was all used up. You see Grandpa made his money in the early days in California. He is 659 years old after all. He used to get money from the Mission Indians so we he wouldn't suck their blood. Or suck something. I don't know but he made a lot of money. But he blew it all so to speak. He had a bunch of fast talking Hollywood friends in the Twenties like Rudy Valentino and Ramon Navarro. And he lost the rest of his money when he hung out with his buddies Sal Mineo and Monty Clift. They just went through money like water.

So all the stuff we had was old. And big. We had a big old car in Munstermobile. A big old dusty cobwebby house. Even a big old radio that they made me take to the beach. Now I don't know why they did because there was no place to plug it in.

Of no one else would come with me to the beach. Grandpa and Aunt Lily were vampires so they couldn't be in the sun. Eddie hated the beach because he was so hairy that little wolf boy. And Uncle Herman always scared everyone. But he would always come with me and carry all my stuff. My beach chair. My umbrella. My big old radio. Uncle Herman was always so good to me.

Then later that night he would come in and show me something big and old that he wanted me to see.

And I had the perfect place to plug it in.

8 comments:

chickelit said...

That's really Pat Priest?

chickelit said...

And Uncle Herman always scared everyone.

I'd be scared stiff around her too.

Trooper York said...

Yes it was. With big hair.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

You are just mad Uncle Herman played for the Dodgers.

chickelit said...

EBL: That's the same episode where Herman meets Elroy "Crazylegs" Hirsh, former Badger (player and later athletic director) and LA Rams pro player. It's only a cameo by Hirsh and is towards the end IIRC when Herman considers football.

I looked for it a couple days ago (the Hirsh cameo) but alas, was unsuccessful. Please link if you find. :)

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Allie likes this story. Me, not so much! Scary!

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Talking about unexpected consequences...

chickelit said...

More "Marilyn's Dairy" please.