Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Raw with Love of Ling Ling by Charles Bukowski



little dark bear with kind eyes
when it comes time
to use the knife
I won't flinch
and I won't blame you,
as I ride along the subway alone
as I doze with drink,
I dream of the night
we met first sight,
the ugly heavy palms,
as the living does not arrive
as the dead do not leave,
I won't blame you,
instead I will remember the kisses
our lips raw with love
and how you gave me everything you had
and how I offered you what was left of me,
and I will remember your small cage
the feel of the light in the window
your straw
your panda poo
our morning coffee
our noons our nights
our bodies spilled together
sleeping the tiny flowing currents
immediate and forever
your leg my leg
your arm my arm
your smile and the warmth of you who made me laugh again.
little dark bear with kind panda eyes
you have no knife.
the knife is mine
and I won't use it
yet.

11 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I like this quote:

I've never been lonely. I've been in a room -- I've felt suicidal. I've been depressed. I've felt awful -- awful beyond all -- but I never felt that one other person could enter that room and cure what was bothering me...or that any number of people could enter that room. In other words, loneliness is something I've never been bothered with because I've always had this terrible itch for solitude. It's being at a party, or at a stadium full of people cheering for something, that I might feel loneliness. I'll quote Ibsen, "The strongest men are the most alone." I've never thought, "Well, some beautiful blonde will come in here and give me a fuck-job, rub my balls, and I'll feel good." No, that won't help. You know the typical crowd, "Wow, it's Friday night, what are you going to do? Just sit there?" Well, yeah. Because there's nothing out there. It's stupidity. Stupid people mingling with stupid people. Let them stupidify themselves. I've never been bothered with the need to rush out into the night. I hid in bars, because I didn't want to hide in factories. That's all. Sorry for all the millions, but I've never been lonely. I like myself. I'm the best form of entertainment I have. Let's drink more wine!

Darcy said...

Okay. That poem is a little creepy. :)

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Sex is kicking death in the ass while singing...

you boys can keep your virgins
give me hot old women in high heels
with asses that forgot to get old.


Oh my. There is hope for us older gals.

Trooper York said...

Man bear love is a tricky thing.

If you don't believe me as that Grizzly Man they made a movie about.

Oh wait. They ate him. And not in a good way.

Darcy said...

I loved Grizzly Man. What a fascinating movie.

The Dude said...

Well, from the bear's perspective, that was the best way.

cliff claven said...

grizzly man was a seminal movie for me darcy. it convinced me i didn't need to be a species bigot and could have a fulfilling relationship w/ a cow. i don't have any concerns ebl will eat me. she however does look concerned when i grill a steak.

The Dude said...

Yeah, just look out if a lawnmower falls on your head and you become a vegetable - EBL will eat you right up.

ricpic said...

The legs are the last to go so if EBL's legs have held up there's still much fun, well, some fun ahead for her and her leg man.

blake said...

Bearn into it.

chickelit said...

OK, this humor is just ursinine.