Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mention not Cthulhu or she will appear!


It seemed to be a sort of monster, or symbol representing a monster, of a form which only a diseased fancy could conceive. If I say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, I shall not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing. A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings; but it was the general outline of the whole which made it most shockingly frightful

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nooooo, I pledge to never ever ever invoke the name of evil. I'm crossing myself as I type, which makes me very ambidextrous.

The Dude said...

H. P. Lovecraft - man, that guy could spin some evil, that's for sure. He nailed that description just as surely as if he were looking at, well, nevermind...

And Oopie, I didn't know you had such talent!

Trooper York said...

I know.

I touch myself all the time when I am on the internet.

Oh wait....too much information.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was doing something holy, sacred, nun like.

blake said...

Most artists can't bring themselves to make the wings rudimentary.

Some, however, can.

Ritmo Re-Animated said...

You mean like this, Blake?

blake said...

Heh. Blast from the past, Ritmo...