Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Working on the Chain Gang!


Everybody thinks doing a show is glamerous or exciting but it is really like working on the chain gang. You have to stand around for hours while they set up the cameras and the sound and what not. There are a ton of people that stand around doing seemingly nothing but wait for a chance to fix your mike or move a light or something. And these fuckers all get paid.

I mean I am not complaining. But our life and our store is turned upside down. I try and sit in the back and not push my way into anything unless they want me. Lisa is carrying the ball right now working with the girls who need clothes. There will be 3 an episode and they will interweave other stuff about our life and the store. So she is working really hard. I just wait until I am needed. I pop out and make sure she gets a drink or something to eat. Or they call me to make comment on an outfit or something.

Today I had a brutal cold so I had to pop out to the doctor for some meds. My voice sounds like shit and I am blowing my nose more than Titus blows Gunga Din. So I dragging ass.

I will contribute more tomorrow when we have our trunk show party.

13 comments:

ndspinelli said...

"Shakin' the bush, boss."

The Dude said...

Cool Hand Troop. Get well. And that movie had some of the worst faux southern accents ever immortalized on film.

But thanks for reminding me - I think I'll prepare a boiled egg or fifty for supper. Mmm, hard boiled eggs...

Anonymous said...

Have you been taking your Vitamin D? Even more important than C. Hot chicken soup does help. Well if you need to escape , you can always escape here.

The Dude said...

I had a physical last month and my doc was tellin' me that I had to wear sunscreen. I tried to explain that the sun is my only source of vitamin D. It was warm enough today that I got some - workin' outside in a t-shirt. If this is global warming, then hating Al Gore has got to be right, or something.

Trooper York said...

Thanks guys. I have been overdosing on Vitamin C but I have to up my Vitamin D. Also I have been drinking echinacia tea which seems to help a lot.

We are very run down because we are exhausted but we will rest soon. Or we will collapse.

chickelit said...

How about some vitamin DD for the rest of us?

ricpic said...

If it's humanly possible to get into bed for 10 uninterrupted hours please do it. Best medicine of all. If not...carry on.

Roger J. said...

get well, Troop--hang in there

Roger J. said...

BTW--I grew up in florida when they really did have chain gangs--the perps wore the striped outfits, and the guards rode horses and carried shotguns--and then there was the dude with the dogs--I suspect being a prisoner in Florida in the 1950s wasnt a hell of a lot of fun

blake said...

Heh.

People are gonna see you with your cold and later when you're well, they'll say "WTF happened to his voice?"

blake said...

It is a grind, tho'. Amazing how much time goes into it.

windbag said...

I'm late, but garlic pills help fight off stuff, too. Brandy, rum, and whiskey are acceptable in times like these, so indulge.

rcommal said...

Making sausage, like working on a chain gang, is anything but glamorous.

However, at the least the former, unlike the latter, results often enough in something delicious.

Take care of yourselves as much as possible.