Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another crazy day at the circus


Yesterday they installed the lights for the show at the store and took some test shots. It was an all day affair and I was going crazy running around making sure it went off without a hitch. Or at least with out too many problems.

You see in thirty years of being in business I have a lot of experience in stuff and I try to point out things to people. Not to show them I am smarter than then (which I am but lets stay humble here) but to help them avoid mistakes.

For example the back gates to the store.I had the back gate closed and didn't open it for the last three years. They decided that they want to open it and paid to have it repaired. I told the location producer that he needed to have a pair of work gloves when he pulled the gates up and down otherwise his hands will get all messed up. He yessed me to death and then he ended up cutting up his hands on the chains as he was pulling down the gate.

I hate to tell you I told you so but I told you so.

11 comments:

chickelit said...

My back gate is closed too.

ricpic said...

You only WARNED him to use gloves? You didn't SUPPLY him with gloves? The union's gonna be all over you for THAT!

Anonymous said...

I hope the gate wasn't rusty.

Trooper York said...

It was very rusty. So I had to but medicine on it and give him some bandaids.

I asked him if his shots were up to date and he just laughed at me.

Waddaygonnado?

Anonymous said...

Tell him he better be telling the truth about his immunizations, or else he won't be laughing when Tetanus sets in.

chickelit said...

Tell him he better be telling the truth about his immunizations, or else he won't be laughing when Tetanus sets in.

Lockjaw is no laughing matter.

Chip S. said...

✓+

windbag said...

When you borrow a man's mule, be sure to listen to his instructions.

ndspinelli said...

He's probably already hired an ambulance chaser.

blake said...

Everyone has to touch the stove for themselves.

The Dude said...
This comment has been removed by the author.