Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kung fu fighting?


I remember back in the day when we would all go to the disco to dance and pick up chicks. We were there to have some fun but a lot of times we would end up in a beef. You see there was always some chick who would start trouble. She would talk to one guy or flirt with another or just start with someone and another dude would want to be a hero and start fighting with his buddies that he knew forever over some twist they never saw before.

I never got into those beefs because I never worried about what other people thought. Or what they had to say. If some twat said something to me I would "That's nice babe but I am just here to dance and have a good time."

It always got them crazy when you just did your own thing and blew them off. Just sayn'

Kung fu fighting takes a lot of energy you know what I mean?

9 comments:

chickelit said...

You sayin' that J is a chick?

Trooper York said...

Yeah.

I thought we established that.

chickelit said...

Mr. Completely

Sorin said...

So if J is a chick is she Mary of Wisconsin? Banned by that other blog and having a feud with Nina? Chicks are viscous I tell ya, vicious.
I love puzzles.

ricpic said...

Viscous chicks leave stains.

When I was young, I mean young young, there were many terrible jobs and one of them was dishwasher at a Bickford's in downtown Brooklyn. How long I lasted I can't remember but it couldn't of been more than two weeks and I walked out without giving notice, no, that's not it, I must have gone up to the manager and said to him I'm leaving tomorrow. Anyway I didn't give him any time to look for a replacement, left him short handed and when I came in the next day to clean out my locker and, I think, get paid, this was so long ago I can barely recall the details but the important thing is that this manager, must've been in his early forties, sallow, managing a Bickford's, a real no hoper, he pulled me over to the side, looked at me and without anger said, "It's nice to be nice." Well, the world is a sad place isn't it? We all know that. And I've never forgotten what he said. Which doesn't mean I'm nice. It means. It doesn't mean anything except that there's always a middle aged no hope Bickford's manager out there and a dishwasher out of sight wherever you're eating and gabbing and being comfortable.

rcommal said...

OTOH, it's not as if folks choose to stand up for something other than the obvious. They don't even choose to stand up for people who will.

Trooper York said...

Hey everybody has two feet and they have to learn how to stand on it.

WALT said...

What places did you go to.. Maybe we went to the same places

MamaM said...

The flip side:

"I Want To Give You My Everything"