Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So SM Stirling did it to me again!


The latest volume in the Emberverse Series came out called "The Tears of the Sun."

This is the one he has been pimping for the last year by letting out a couple of chapters every month to whet our appetites. So I got it downloaded to my Kindle yesterday and I finished already.

Now I have to wait another fuckin year for the next one.

This book is ok but it is pretty much filler. Just like the latest in George RR Martin's series. It is full of action but it doesn't really move the story forward. In fact it really is just a big flashback that is not moving the story forward at all and leaves us spinning our wheels. I get that it is thought to turn out a book a year. But if that is your pace you should really move the story along. Stirling is one of my favorite writers but this book was kind of a disappointment.

1 comment:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

SM Sterling pisses me off. I have been dragged around enough. Call me when what all this nonsense in Nantucket is explained. My guess is, even SM Sterling does not know but figures if he can milk a few more books out of it, he will be doing well indeed.