Thursday, September 1, 2011

Commenter Memories Number 99: Ricpic's doctor has the touch





ricpic said...
Well, I went to see my doctor for my annual checkup and he increased my hi-blood pressure medication which will maybe keep me going a while longer but that's not the important thing the important thing is that the first time I saw this doctor last year I got the impression that he was hurry hurry rush rush get out of here and so I was all uptight about seeing him this time and almost ready to tell him goodbye but he took his time with me almost an hour and it was like the clouds lifting the point being that all we want is to have some attention paid to us not love not a bunch of hokum fakeass caring just some attention and I got that and is that asking too much? no it's not so I'm a happy camper now.


I feel like Carol Herman had something to do with that when she said she wanted to put her finger in his touchas.


It relaxed him or something.

5 comments:

chickelit said...

High blood pressure is potentially life-threatening over a lifetime.

I hope that ricpic takes care of himself. I like his witty comments.

ricpic said...

chicken - I have such a horror of medication that I've probably resisted a higher (slightly) dose of lisinopril then I should have been taking but the doc was very insistent this time and now I'm on the dose (20 mg) that is standard which is probably a good thing.

And, is there any question? of course everyone is fascinated with my life!

As they should be!!

The Dude said...

Life is life-threatening, over a lifetime. Then you die.

MamaM said...

I hope that ricpic takes care of himself. I like his witty comments.

Same here.

MamaM misses The Dog though. Her lament:

The Concrete One has gone dormant again for who knows how many years.

Plus Titus, minus his body hair and a clumber, has gone wandering, trailing a cloud in the hopes of a new saga and grapes the size of footballs in the land of milk and honey.

Sigh.

blake said...

If you're medicine-averse, you could try experimenting with a low carb diet, ricpic. I've heard it can help HBP greatly.

I mean, HBP scares me, so I'd be super-cautious. But I also hate meds of any sort.