Saturday, October 5, 2013

What is love?




Love is my darling wife Lisa. She stood by me through every minute of this crazy stuff. She stayed over ever night at the hospital to make sure I got the right care. The first couple of nights she just slept in a hard chair which killed her back. But she stood there holding my hand as I got stable.

Love is my darling wife Lisa who only went home to shower and bring back supplies. She decorated the room to make me feel at home. We scrounged stuff like James Garner in "The Great Escape." You see the Hospital had almost closed so sometimes it was hard to get simple stuff like bed linens. We ended up with four chairs including a recliner for her to sleep in. Two of those rolling tray tables. And a fan that nobody could figure out how we got.

Love is the way my darling girl set up the room. She brought my crocheted blanket from home and all kinds of soaps and lotions for my skin that was drying out in the hospital air. She bought a whole bunch of flameless battery candles that we set up at the end of the night as we watched NetFlicks on the IPad. She made it feel like home.

Love is my darling girl who actually learned how to turn on the oven when I came home. It is not her thing but is doing it for me so I can have something good to eat. She is bringing me my meds and a cup of tea.

Love is the person that completes you. The one who would do anything for you and who you would do anything for in return.

Love is my wife Lisa.

19 comments:

Chip S. said...

Whatta gal!

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

You are a lucky guy.

Chip S. said...

Luck is the residue of design.

--Rickey, Branch

MamaM said...

ChipS's Branch on Luck and Trooper's Lisa represent The Best of Trooper York.

ndspinelli said...

"For better or worse, rich or poorer, in sickness and in health." Words every married person say as an oath, but too many bail. Some go through the motions. And, many rise above the occasion. We witnessed the latter. And, look who the fuck she's helping!! Saint Lisa of Carroll Gardens.

MamaM said...

Nd, what I didn't catch onto until later was the fact that I'd signed up for an experience of all six!

MamaM said...

And who helped you post and get pictures and videos for your crazy blog?

Now that was love.

Cody Jarrett said...

Lucky.

Trooper York said...

I would say "I am the luckiest guy on the face of the earth" but the last guy that said that didn't work out so well.

MamaM said...

Talkin' to ND at the end of a long day so your fans could rest ought to count for something here too! About on par with snooping around hospital to find and re-purpose useful items of interest.

Michael Haz said...

That was very touching.

chickelit said...

I riffed on Lou Gehrig once. There's a chirbit for every occasion.

TTBurnett said...

Aww... :-)

The Dude said...

E. P. - I laughed despite knowing (ing ing) what was coming. Good one (one one).

ndspinelli said...

chick, The chirbits are better having spoken w/ you.

chickelit said...

ndspinelli said...
chick, The chirbits are better having spoken w/ you.

Translation: I recorded the phone call and have made detailed comparisons which reveal his amazing ability to alter his voice. :)

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Perfect love is perfectly sacrificial. Not everyone knows that when they say, "I do."

Darcy said...

Beautiful.

It takes two.

Methadras said...

You hit the jackpot with Lisa bro. I did too with my bride.