Friday, October 11, 2013

The Rifleman



Lucas and Mark McCain rode into town to pick up some supplies in Northfork. They took the buckboard because they had a lot of stuff to bring back to the ranch.  They needed flour, molasses, beans and more cartridges since Lucas has to shoot at least five people every episode.
Everyone was bustling around and rushing to and fro. Which was unusual in a one horse town. Mark saw his friend Timmy standing by the hotel with his flute and his hand down his pants. And his collie.

"Hey Timmie what's going on" said Mark. "The show came to down Marc! The Minstrel Show."
"Wow the Minstrel show. That means there will be singing and dancing and carrying on. Can we go see it Pa? Can we?" "I don"'t think so Mark" said Lucas as he flexed his muscle and preened in his greasy denims. "I don't like those shows. They make fun of colored folk. It just ain't right!"

"But Dad the whole town is coming to see the show" pleaded Marc. "Why can't we go too?" "Because Mark it is the same old show. Just shucking and jiving and carrying on. Not something reasonable folks need concern themselves with. Let's just get our goods and go know. No good can come from going to the Minstrel show." "Okay Pa. I guess you know best. Can we at least go  look at Miss Milly's tits?" "Sure Mark here is a penny for some candy. Go down and check out those titties. I will be along directly."

5 comments:

Cody Jarrett said...

As Jefferson said on an episode of All in the Family, "I feel like the straight man at a white minstrel show."

ndspinelli said...

I'm in Spooner, Wi. tonight, on my way up to visit my bride's biker cousin in a trailer miles from nowhere, south of Duluth. He has a cache of guns, so I brought my Glock. I had to stop three places on the way up to get ammo. This is horseshit!!!

MamaM said...

What's there to say? The story is complete, except for a guy who's wandering around the torn up front yard of a house with no steps, wearing hair that looks as if the goats gave it a chew, and mumbling something to himself about too high and too low!

Even though it's more difficult to love ricpic than Titus, he's stuck with my affection. Which could come close to stalking if he want's to call the Oop's daughter for free advice!

The Dude said...

Spinner - how many times you plan on shooting him?

Methadras said...

Huh, I never thought you had a picture of Crack tap dancing.