Saturday, October 26, 2013

Unlike the dogs that Meade molests I am on a short leash


The wife is keeping me on a short leash. She doesn't want me to sneak off and rob a pizza store or something. So on our way back home from the doctor yesterday she made me get a haircut. We were walking past the place and my

We go in and I get my usual 1970's razor cut. I tell Damien to be careful because I am taking blood thinners and I don't want to bleed out in the barber chair. He actually puts in a new razor which he hasn't done since 2007. Anyway he was talking in his usual mixture of broken English and Italian. Funny enough he has a pacemaker too! It seems everybody that enjoys Italian food has a pacemaker.

After we left the wife said "What a nice man." "Yeah he is a good guy. He finally got over moving from Washington DC and leaving the priesthood. That was a real pain in the neck." As usual nobody had any idea what I was talking about.

16 comments:

ndspinelli said...

There must be a dago shoe repair shop in the area?

ricpic said...

It's an omen I tellsya.

ndspinelli said...

How about a tailor? My Uncle Charlie insisted on taking me to a tailor and buying me a tailored suit for my first communion. That turned out to be the last fucking tailored suit I would ever wear.

Cody Jarrett said...

wrong movie, ricpic.

If there's a Lt. Kinderman in the local precinct--run like hell from there.

Cody Jarrett said...

I watch that movie every year on Christmas.

Just for giggles.

TTBurnett said...

There you go, WALKING. I have to put up with this shit.

Icepick said...

I believe that is the first time I've seen Burnett use foul language.

TTBurnett said...

Boston traffic will drive anyone to extremes. You should hear my morning monologue at the Fresh Pond rotary.

TTBurnett said...

Traffic may be terrible, but I'm very lucky to have this old-fashioned barber shop not far from my house. Been going there 22 years.

TTBurnett said...

Joe at the Tri-Con barber shop (linked in my last comment) gave my older son his first non-kiddie haircut when he was 4. Kid's now in college, and Joe is still at the same chair, cutting his hair when he's home. He still cuts mine, too.

chickelit said...

Troop, consider giving him a sign one day to hang on his wall:

Lasciare Ogni Capelli Voi Che Entrate

The Dude said...

You just upped the Dante.

rcocean said...

Not a lot to cut there. Judging by the hairline - visits to the barber will be getting shorter and shorter as the years roll on.

MamaM said...

See, I'm thinking a cheerful guy like that for a barber would be better option than the hand held thing ricpic invested in, but I'm glad it works for him, with or without the cape.

blake said...

I'd be worried more that people'd be smuggling you 'za.

dbp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.