Monday, October 19, 2009

Hey watch the meter, Jeter!


So I am in the store on a Monday which is unusal because we have a girl who can handle the store herself in the morning. But she went on vacation so I have to cover.

Anyway we had a big client come in which is great because it is not as crazy on a Monday. Except it is. We are also shooting some dresses for the website. One of our other customers is posing. We like to use the real women who actually wear our clothes so when you look on the website you can get a better idea of what it looks like on a real persons body instead of a perfect hour glass model.
The only fly in the ointment is that she parked about five blocks away. And the meters are only for an hour. So I have my trusty egg timer to make sure I can run the five blocks to put money in the meter. The dude in the store in front of where she parked said he would keep an eye on it but I can't trust that. So I run out every hour to feed the meter.

The only upside is that he just put in soups in his snack shop. So everytime I fed the meter I bought a pint of soup. I love soup. So far I have had the lentil, tomato and split pea.

Maybe I will do a soup poll.

15 comments:

ricpic said...

The Jete just hit another homer! If I didn't hate the Yanks I'd love 'em.

Trooper York said...

You can hate the Yankees and still love Jeter.

First ballot Hall of Famer.

Leader,winner,gamer.

True Yankee.

Anonymous said...

Dipping either a grilled cheese or tuna sandwich into tomato soup...it'd be hard to do that running back to the store, huh?

Jason (the commenter) said...

Soup is timely, I think. Not that many knows of its frugal goodness anymore.

Trooper York said...

Tuna in the soup?

I mean I always dunk the grilled cheese but tuna is a new one on me.

Penny said...

I like the idea of a soup poll, Troop. Nothing like a steaming hot bowl of homemade soup that someone else took the time to make.

Trooper York said...

Soup is one of my specialities.

My favorite, Italian Wedding Cake Soup!

ricpic said...

Holy Cow! Rivera just saved their bacon.

Trooper York said...

Bacon soup is good.

Trooper York said...

In your split pea I mean.

ricpic said...

I think Girardi is eating crow soup right about now. I know, easy for me to say, but that was a clear case of over-managing.

Trooper York said...

There is already a new "Joe Girardi is a Dick" series posted.

Michael Haz said...

My fave is t-bone steak soup.

I freeze the remnants of charcoal grilled t-bones for about a year. then, when there are enough t-bone parts, I use them to make stock for a hearty soup that has a lot of veggies, some potatoes, and barley.

It's wonderful.

Penny said...

I was with you there, Michael, until you called it "wonderful".

And YOU, an alpha guy.

Donovan McNabb is selling the stuff for Campbell's, and that word never crossed his lips.

blake said...

Michael--

Sounds a bit like my cheeseburger soup.