Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hell needs a new PA announcer!


(Hell’s Broadcast Booth at the PA microphone)
Lucifer: Ok let’s get the next contender up here. Travers you’re up next.
Mary Travers: (a bewildered folk singer is dragged up to the podium) I don’t understand why am I here? What’s going on?
Lucifer: You’re in hell sweetheart.
Mary Travers: How did I end up in hell? I did nothing but sing about peace and love and letting everyone love each other. How did I end up in Lucifer’s kingdom?
Lucifer: Well sweetie it was by popular demand.
Mary Travers: By popular demand? Who demanded it?
Lucifer: Oh lot’s of people. Every dude who had to listen to your bullshit songs and talk about how deep they were so he could bang some hippie chick. Plus all the children.
Mary Travers: The children, what children?
Lucifer: All the poor fucking children who had to sing that fuckin’ Puff the Magic Dragoon song at school assemblies. They all wished you would go to hell. And now you are here…and you know what….you are even more fuckin’ annoying than I thought you would be….boy’s take her away! (two burly demons grab her and start dragging her away)
Mary Travers: OH NOOOOOO!!! Please….where have all the flowers gone….please no stop….I promise I won’t sing….I only had good intentions...I swear......HHHHEELLLPPPPP!!!!
Lucifer: Take her away boys…..what are we going to do with her that would be appropriate… Hmmmm, I know……give her a hammer and let her work on paving the road to the entrance way. That just fits somehow.

10 comments:

Trooper York said...

Now some douche bag is going to report me to Pete Seeger for being too "mean and nasty."

Trooper York said...

Comedy can be ugly.

Trooper York said...

See the Joan Rivers post below.

ricpic said...

I always got PP & M mixed up with The Mamas & The Papas. Pappas?

Okay, I didn't really get 'em mixed up but I sorta got 'em mixed up. Sheesh.

chickelit said...

Now some douche bag is going to report me to Pete Seeger for being too "mean and nasty."

Nope. And when that ol' commie kicks the bucket you'll write him up too.

No rest for the wicked.

Penny said...

Well come on now, I didn't like her music so much, but she was nearly Puff's mom!

Next thing we know the magic dragons are all going to hell. And sorry, that is just plain WRONG.

blake said...

Amen to that Troop.

Hated that damn song.

rcocean said...

I actually like "Puff" and "Blowin' in the Wind" - hate everything else though.
Can't she go to Purgatory?

And if the Devil operates on popular demand - B.S. is going to serving some hard time.

Hector Owen said...

"I know……give her a hammer"

She did sing a lot about what she'd do if she had a hammer. You'd think she might have bought one with a tiny bit of the money from all those records and concerts.

Great voice. If she ends up song leader on the work gang, it's going to sound real good.

Meade said...

Ironically, Puff wasn't only a magic dragon. He was a racist magic dragon. Just like his cousin, Albi.