Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hey the army men are number one.


When I was a kid my uncle bought me a bunch of Japanese army guys to use in our epic battles in the back yard. They looked just like these guys. I had a whole bunch of them because I think some of them fell off the truck from the docks sometime in 1964.


When we went on our Honeymoon we of course visited Pearl Harbor. We also visited the Battleship Missouri Monument in Oahu. Whats really interesting is the only people who visit are Americans and Japanese. So they had these 50 caliber stand up machine guns like they used to have on Mchale's Navy or the Rat Patrol on the edge of the ship. I handed my wife the camera and said get ready to take a picture. I walked over to group of Japanese tourists and asked them to stand by the rail so we could take a picture. When they did, I grabbed the machine gun and turned it in to point at them. They were somewhat startled.
And the wife got to figure out what she was in for. Hee.

7 comments:

Trooper York said...

If Hop Sing were awake he would say I was racist.

Penny said...

What? For pulling his pigtail?

Jason (the commenter) said...

Now-a-days kids play with these by putting them in an Easy Bake Oven and inhaling the fumes.

chickelit said...

I did two epic super 8 mm motion pictures with those little toy soldiers. Classic stop motion photog. I'd shoot a frame-move them slightly-shoot again.
I did a revolutionary war battle: blues against reds. Cannon fires with puffs of smoke (cotton) appearing.
I also did an indian attack on a fort. I built an eloborate "set" constructed out of matchsticks and flat toothpicks. After the first wave surprise attack (featuring some bloody, savage butchery) there was retribution with some point-blank cannon fire on the indians. But in the end I burned the entire set. My 12-year-old take on the Indian wars.
Lose-lose

dr kill said...

I knew some guys who did their xmas shopping with a runaway forklift at the container farm. IYKWISAITYD.

Lots of TVs that december around blyn.

Hoosier Daddy said...

Hey I had those guys too! I remember setting up this elaborate battleground in my back yard having an epic battle. I finally tired out, flew over a Monogram model B-17 I built over the Japanese lines and then detonated an M-80.

It was glorious.

Ritmo Re-Animated said...

You are too much. In a good way.