Thursday, October 1, 2009

Is that fast food or you are puking because you are happy to see me?


Capt. Schmoe said...

Well it looks like one of my predictions came true - The traffic one anyways. I must admit that I was blindsided by the Farmer Boys thing though. They are usually found a little further inland. If you are really jonesing for a Big Boy burger, there is one in Victorville, on the way to Vegas.

The thing is we never eat fast food in the city. Here we seem to be taken to these joints at every meal. I mean there is a ton of them. Jack in the Box. Pollo Loco. Carls. Farmers Market. Corner Bakery.

We did go to a nice Italian joint in Seal Harbor for dinner. And we had a nice upscale Mexican dinner in a joint called Javier's. But the wife is freakin' cause she is not a fast food person. And I don't have a chance to cook.

7 comments:

ricpic said...

Why not go to Spago? It's in Beverly Hills. North Canyon Drive just off Wiltshire Blvd.

dr kill said...

I can think of several reasons your mealtime hosts drag you to fast food, and none are flattering.

In fact, a well-placed kick in the nuts might be in order just to show em who is the boss.

dr kill said...

And thanks for your help with the Chargers last Sunday. Not.

Peter V. Bella said...

You are in LA. You know ceement ponds and movies stars? There is no good food in LA. No bracciole, baked ziti, no canoli, and no real pizza. What kind of coke addled brain puts salmon on a pizza. Fuggadabout deli!

Look, just suffer through this. Then get back to a REAL city and take the wife to a nice joint where they have real food, real wine, and ambiance.

Penny said...

Second, ricpic's suggestion of Spago. I ate at Puck's Vegas restaurant and can still recall what may have been the BEST meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy I ever ate.

Actually, this made me laugh a little at myself. Who goes to a fine Vegas restaurant to order comfort food?

You can take the girl out of the country, but never the country out of the girl.

blake said...

Pollo Loco is fine for fast food.

I like to go to the little local places, though. Better food, often cheaper.

Anonymous said...

Meatloaf is good if you put extra ketchup on it.