Friday, February 10, 2012

Marilyn's Diary


My Uncle Herman was a very talented man. He was a great baseball player. He was a wonderful husband and a great father. And he was the most considerate and passionate lover that you could ever have.

But he was so much more than that. He was very well read. He was 547 years old after all and knew many famous literary figures. He hung around with Lord Byron and I am pretty sure that he had a love affair with Mary Shelley. Oh and he told me he had banged Jane Austen and was the model for Mr. Darcy. I could see that.

But Uncle Herman's passion was poetry. He loved to compose poems. Mainly about decomposing and reanimation's but that is another story. He was always going to poetry readings at coffee houses and schools and what not. He once let Allen Ginsberg paint him while he was naked. Sylvia Plath killed herself when he wouldn't let her give a rim job anymore. But his favorite poet of all time was an obscure talent who was a genius who had never been recognized.

He met him at the Jewish Theatre of Santa Monica. It was a young Hebrew Poet who went by the name of ricpic. He was an astounding talent. He was the best that Uncle Herman had ever seen. But unfortunately he got involved with Molly Picon and his heart was broken. He retired to upstate New York to lick his wounds. Uncle Herman loved to read me his poetry while he licked my twa.......errr while were drinking lemonade in the back yard.

To this very day when I hear a yiddish couplet I get wet.

I miss my Uncle Herman.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh ricccpiccc..... Do you want to play hide and seek again???

ricpic said...

Hey, I'm reading a very serious book about Judaism and the gist of it (well, one of the gists of it) boils down to separation: thou shalt not take shiksas. More accurately, thou shalt not take shiksas seriously...as mates. Which means at the very most Marilyn could only have been a passing infatuation for me. Molly on the other hand...

blake said...

Uncle Herman's a liar.

No way was he 547 years old. Closer to 200, if we are to believe Ms. Shelley.

Now, I guess he could be that old if Ms. Shelley met him first and drew on the experience for her novel.

Which would make him...a golem. If that's the case then...he's Jewish.

Which raises all kinds of interesting questions.

Including—what happened to him? Not like he could have died of old age.