Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Interview with a dude with makeup?

This is the first shot of us for the interviews they are gonna do as talking heads interposed throughout the show. It will be kind of like Modern Family or the Real Housewives. They aren't creative enough to do it without falling back on cliches. So we have to go along with it.

The first interview day was real fucked up. They started Lisa with hair and makeup at 8:30 in the morning. We were supposed to be there at noon for shooting. So we are toodling along and we get a panic call to come in for test shot for LA. So they told us no vertical stripes and that I shouldn't wear yellow. So to fuck with them that's what we did.

So they take the test shot in the store with this new setup. They already had a good setup but they decided to change it. They put up a diffusion screen behind us and all the manniquins behind us. Took the test shot and sent us back home and said they would call us in an hour or so. So I go "That puts us back here at 2 and you are going to call lunch. So we are coming in for half an hour. Why don't we go back after lunch." They agreed that was sensible and that was what we did.

But when we got back they had totally changed back to the original shot. What a waste of time, but we had to do it. We didn't started filming until five. Went on till nine. In makeup all that time. What a pain in the balls.

But Lisa looked great.

17 comments:

chickelit said...

But Lisa looked great.

She does indeed. But your single archied eyebrow is cool too. That takes talent you know.

Anonymous said...

I love the look on Lisa's face, defiant, I'd say. Your expression is interesting too, if I read your thought would you be saying I'm Elmer Fudd and I'm a millionaire .... Or ?

blake said...

You look grouchy.

chickelit said...

...crotchety even

MamaM said...

All he needs is a TY vest and a little hucklebuckle music to work the transformation. The striped jacket however, would be over the top.

AllenS said...

I'm having a cup of coffee and some thin mint Girl Scout cookies. I live a simple life out of the spotlight.

Trooper York said...

I love thin mint cookies.

Trooper York said...

I was just pissed off because they were jerking us around as usual.

I hate that Lisa had to set for make up for hours and they made us hang around doing nothing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trooper York said...

Notice how I pefertly framed my piscadeal to let them know what I think of them.

I am into physical comedy.

Anonymous said...

Girl Scout cookie? We got my two grandkids in elementary school to adopt my daughter and her unit in Afgahnistan, they will be getting a massive amounts of girl scout cookies soon and really cute drawings of Wisconsin for my daughter from 3rd graders and 6th graders. The wall of their rooms, which they call "cans" are metal so they use magnets to hang stuff.

Sorry I haven't sent any pictures Trooper, but they can't send pics electronically, big no no. She works 12 hour days , seven days a week so she doesn't even have time to go to the PX on the base to get pics printed to send a paper pic.

chickelit said...

I thought your hands were like that because that's they're natural, most comfortable position.

Careful, or they'll stay that.

Anonymous said...

Afghanistan. Is MamaM around? I'm hiding.

chickelit said...

(amended)
I thought your hands were like that because that's their natural, most comfortable position.

Careful, or they'll stay that way.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

You look pissed off.

Those are horizontal stripes by the way, but Lisa does look great. The yellow shirt is not the issue any more.

Trooper York said...

Right you are they are horizontal.

I get a memo every night on what to wear.

No white, no black, no stripes.

windbag said...

Has anyone posted this yet? Someone should.