Wednesday, February 22, 2012

People tell me things.......




It's a funny thing but I have long experiance in volatile work place situations and I always end up with people confiding in me. Mainly because I am always helping them out of a jam so they feel they can tell me stuff. This is what is happening with the crew. They are all back channels of information and I know a lot more than the powers that be can really understand. Knowledge is power.

What is really funny is that they give up personal detials which gives me an oppourtunity to bust their balls. The poor little girl who is the PA is always running around doing stuff for us. But we treat her like one of our kids. She has been to our house for Sunday Dinner and the Super Bowl. So I asked her if she wanted to come with us to get ashes. She said she wasn't really religious. That she was a Quaker if she was anything. I said "What you like Oats?"

We will be eating a lot of Quaker Oats for Breakfast just to make her laugh.

8 comments:

chickelit said...

This is just wack.

windbag said...

Herbert Hoover and Richard Nixon approve of this message.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

My Grandmother was Quaker.

Other than wanting to be buried in a pine box and wanting to have a funeral with no religious overtones....I know nothing about her faith.

chickelit said...

"Nothing is better for thee than me."

The Dude said...

Ol' Hubert Heever - what a mess that guy was. Lying, dissembling, prevaricating, and mendacious to boot. But compared to the present clueless pol occupying the White House, he was a freakin' genius.

Anonymous said...

What was the wonderful movie, Friendy Persuasion, with Gary Cooper, another great film.

blake said...

Oh, gosh, Allie, I love that movie. Such a wonderful, nuanced view of a difficult faith to be in, especially at that place and time.

And so respectful. Funny. Sexy. Tasteful. One of Wyler's best, and that's saying something.

blake said...

Sixty,

I think Hoover was a genius. Certifiably so. Top-notch education.

It goes to show you that nobody can be an idiot like a genius.