Thursday, February 9, 2012

Time is not on my side!

When you own your own business you make your own schedule. We are night owls. Since we do a lot of business with California we are on the phone late and sending emails and what not. Sometimes we don't close the store until ten at night and don't get to eat dinner until midnight. You can't go right to bed so you stay up and post stuff on the website or plan out cutting tickets or just relax until about two or three in the morning. It is a late night thing.

When we first signed up for the show I told them there was no way we would be there at eight in the morning. A realistic time was around ten. Eleven would have been perfect but I knew that was too much to ask for. So we comprimised at ten. Of course they are always pushing the envelope and pressuring us to get there early.

Every one is there already and some of them act out a little. I would like to take the aside and say "Hey douchenozzle we all only have a job because of Lisa....other wise you would be scratching to pay your fucking rent this month....she is in every scene and has to be up and bubbly while you are scratching your ass and picking your nose while you hold the camera...so if she needs a couple of extra minutes in the morning it is no big deal...if you don't like it theres the fucking door." Of course I can't say any of that because we are a new show and we can't get a bad rap. They might think we are more trouble than we are worth. If we are on the cusp of renewal that might tip the scale against us if we act like assholes. Or at least demanding assholes. I have to eat a big bowl of shit each day and say "Thank you sir, can I have another." But if it hits the way I think it will hit it will be a brand new ballgame.

Today is interview day so they got hair and makeup people for the wife and she is very happy. We hired the same girl from the local salon who always blows out her hair so the production was happy since it was very cheap. I had this girl over our house for our Christmas party so she was happy to do it. I am sitting around waiting to go to the store. Don't you know they emailed over to say if we finish the hair and makeup earlier we could start earlier. Really. Dude it has been two weeks. Haven't you figured this out yet. Hollywood people are just fucking stupid.

27 comments:

ndspinelli said...

"Better out than in" was my mother's favorite quote. Way to let it out, dude.

Chip S. said...

Hollywood people are just fucking stupid.

It's possible that no truer statement has ever been made on the internet.

But I think there's one exception: stunt men.

I met some on a golf course a while back and they were very sensible. Even in their political views.

Those guys can't afford to deny reality.

I'm figuring that you and Lisa do your own stunts for the show.

Trooper York said...

Yeah we do our own stunts.

I can't let some other guy fit bras on well endowed women.

That wouldn't be fair.

Chip S. said...

Lemme know if you ever need a hand with that, Troop.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

Of course I can't say any of that because we are a new show and we can't get a bad rap. They might think we are more trouble than we are worth.

It is really hard to swallow the crap, especially when you have been used to being your own boss. I can't imagine it and I really really can't imagine my husband being able to 'stifle himself'.

Just remember, you are doing it for love of your wife and hopefully a lot of success down the road.

But, you are right. You have to wait until they need YOU and THEN you can let your inner asshole out. And remember who was naughty and nice.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

:-D

The Dude said...

You really should invite Carol "Ricky Branch" Herman here so that she could tell us, again, that the actor in that picture is Buster Keaton. We need that sort of thing to lively up the place.

Chip S. said...

How about we just all take turns posting while on hallucinogens instead?

Chip S. said...

I'd say we should definitely invite Herman Carol, but for all I know he's already here.

blake said...

Ricky Branch?

Chip S. said...

Surely you've heard of him. He signed Robinson Cano.

blake said...

Might as well be speaking in Sumerian. No clue.

The Dude said...

Or the Swiss family Robinson's canoe. Or Paul Robeson. Or the great opera singer Robinson Caruso. Or the great ball player Stewart Jackie. Kennedy. Wasn't Joe Kennedy the greatest?

Chip S. said...

Forget it, blake. It's Carolhermantown.

Chip S. said...

Or the great opera singer Robinson Caruso.

spit take on that one.

The Dude said...

Sumerian in the City, by The Little Rascals. Buckwheat. Eddie Murray. Baltimore Orioles. The Wire. Poot. Dukie. How about Duke beating Carolina last night? Mmm, last night. I can almost remember back that far.

The Dude said...

Spit take. Danny Thomas. That girl. Gorilla my dreams. Lebanese women. Lebron James. King James. Jim. He's dead, Jim. I'm an ADHD ADD Robin Williams fan, not a doctor. Robert Palmer. Jerky jerky.

blake said...

You know, I never read CH. Well, maybe I did. I'd start to, and this fog would settle in, and then I'd wake up half-naked on the lawn with the garden hose wrapped around my torso and one leg.

So, I dunno. Maybe just a coincidental acid flashback, but why take the chance?

The Dude said...

Flashback. Woodstock. I was there, you know, a 30 year old matron. Took lots of brown acid. Some guy said I shouldn't. His name was Alvin. Or Chipmunk or something. The gravy got wavy. Then I took my clothes off and the rain didn't stop for 40 days. And that's when I became Carol Herman. Ruth. The Babe.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys are trippin' making no sense at all. So Carol Herman is Ricky Branch? Huh, what?

How old is Carol Herman would you say?

The Dude said...

She is 72, going on 73. She was 30 at Woodstock in '69.

Titus said...

If you ever need a part-time bra fitter I would be willing to come down one day a week.

I would be so kind and gentle.

Anonymous said...

Titus, what a great job for you, perfect! A little squeeze here and there, oops Ma'am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sixty, kinda old for Woodstock. Hey 2012 minus 1969 is 43.

The Dude said...

I know.

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Or as Tony Soprano said, revenge is like cold cuts.

MamaM said...

Close but no cigar on the CH riff.

More coy and cloying references to female anatomy and function needed to glue the quick connects and grand leaps together. Also missing, a thick waxy overlay of pseudo-genial Bon Homie.