Friday, February 17, 2012

Rest in Peace Kid!

Gary Carter passed yesterday. He is just about the only guy who ever played on the Mets who was worth a shit. He had too much class to play with those losers. That's why when he went into the Hall of Fame he went in as an Expo. A team that doesn't even extist anymore. Because anybody with half a brain would rather be assoicated with a defunct team than the dog ass Mets. He was one of the main cogs in the Met team of jerkoffs that one the one championship they win every forty years or so. He was hated and scorned because he was religious and the fact that he loved his wife. That he wasn't a coke addled drunken pussy hound like the rest of the team. That he didn't take steroids or bet on games. He was a good man. Too good for the likes of the dog ass Mets. Rest in Peace Kid. Ya did good.

9 comments:

ndspinelli said...

That must have been a reverse Sophie's Choice Series for you..Red Sox or Mets.

Carter has one more ring than Donny Ballgame. That Donny Ballgame was just a stats hog like Darryl Strawberry.."no ponies on the belt."

RIP Carter but I always thought he was a politician/phonie, I could be wrong

windbag said...

Trooper, your class shines through. I hoped he wouldn't be relegated to the tryouts in Hell, despite his Mets status. Carter was a class act. The Mets suck (but they're tied for first).

Darcy said...

I enjoyed this post. I really didn't know who he was, but when I heard a little about him after he died I listened to his Hall of Fame speech.

Very touching. I'm glad I listened.

Hoping he's with his Father in Heaven now.

Trooper York said...

That World Series between the Red Sox and the Mets was the worst one I ever endured. You see everybody knows I hate the Red Sox but they also know I really really hate the Mets. So when I would walk into the bar the asshole Met's fans would start taunting me how they were gonna kick the American Leagues ass. Which was fine. I didn't care if they broke my balls. But then they started wanting to bet. And offering odds. Good odds. Really, really good odds. I had ten dimes all over town at at least 10 to 1. Or even better.

And what did the fuckin Red Sox do?

That's right. They couldn't even beat the dog ass Mets.

BOSTON SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trooper York said...

I was never a fan of Donny Ballgame. He is not my type of guy.

I am a Billy Martin, David Wells, Don Larsen, and Babe Ruth kind of guy.

I am not even that big a Derek Jeter fan. I just won't stand still for the stupidity of them telling me how bad he is and how he is overrated.

ricpic said...

The thing about Gary Carter that isn't in the record book is what a great field manager he was. Like Campanella and Berra there was a tremendous sense of his directing the whole team from his catching position.

The Mets will of course rise like the phoenix while the Yankees founder in the coming years. The Cashman fiasco is an omen of all that will befall the machine-without-a-heart in El Bronx.

Trooper York said...

I love you ricpic but you are insane.

Cashman is on his way out even though the set us up with a great pitching staff.

The Mets just resigned Tommie Agee.

And he's still dead.

Ron said...

Trooper, you a Paul O'Neill kinda guy?

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Gary Carter: RIP